Friday, June 29, 2007

Thanks to blogging, I can annoy you even while I'm away on vacation.

My first day of vacation started gray and cool. Still, Provincetown is a beautiful place. I got up insanely early, drank some coffee, hopped on my bike, grabbed a muffin and rode out to the end of MacMillan Wharf. I enjoyed my muffin, and then took some photos. I was feeling artsy...

See what I mean? Gray.



I dont know the history behind these portraits, but I have always loved them. The women are old and weathered, yet beautiful.


COCK!
These are painted on the concrete surface of the pier. I've never noticed them before, and I don't know what they are all about.


The Pilgrim Monument, as seen from MacMillan Wharf. I guess the pilgrims landed in Provincetown before making it to Plymouth Rock. This is supposed to be a monument to them. But insiders know this story was concocted by the Gay Mafia to conceal the fact that they had built an enormous phallus with taxpayer dollars.



1 comment:

Kira Marbit said...

Ahhhh - this looks beautiful! Enjoy! And keep posting.