Saturday, March 17, 2007

Thank God We Live Close to a Bar!


We put on our shit-kickers last night and trudged through the snow to The Alchemist. It was a grueling 1500 feet, door-to-door. Upon arrival, we rewarded ourselves with a libation. Eschewing the Guiness and Newcastle, we opted for delicately colored cocktails--my usual Cosmo and Jess' usual Pineapple Martini. MANLY!

Our favorite bartender John was not at his usual post. Luckily he arrived just in time to guide the bartender on duty through the pineapple martini creation. I guess John wasn't working cos he's working a double today--St. Patrick's Day. God help him!

We scarfed down a Roasted Chicken and Lyonnaise Potato Flatbread and Braised Beef over House-Made Parpadelle Noodles. Then we bundled up and walked home. I had a sweet-tooth so I whipped up a batch of Molten Chocolate Mini-Cakes with whipped cream. Jess only had one, but I had two.

I can't understand why I'm getting fat!

1 comment: